Food is something I always love. I am the kind of person who goes for a movie thinking more about the nachos they serve with salsa & cheese sauce than the movie itself 😛 . Whether you are a foodie or not,going out to restaurants or cafes with family & friends is something we all like.
On such occasions if the restaurant you visit serves you lip smacking food,it would be like icing on the cake.Today I am going to review ‘Masala Wok‘ a restaurant located in one of the busiest places in Navi Mumbai i.e. Vashi.
Let’s get started with the review right from a Foodie’s mouth !
Name of the restaurant: Masala Wok
Location : Sector – 10,Opposite Municipality Hospital, Vashi, Navi Mumbai 400703
Cuisine: Mughlai, Chinese, Thai
About the Owner :
- Mr. Pratik Mohanthy started this restaurant about 5 years back
- He has graduated from the Institute of Hotel Management, Hyderabad
- Also worked as a management trainee in The Oberoi and was among the only five students from the Kitchen department to get selected from all over India and got his degree from The Oberoi Centre for Learning and Development,Delhi
- He has also worked at Taj,The Leela Kempinski,The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
Coming to the food & ambience here,
Lemon Pepper Coriander Soup
- Masala Wok is where I dared to try a soup different from our regular tomato & manchow soups and it was worth it
- This piping hot soup is perfect for the rainy season
(Image of the Lemon Pepper Coriander Soup)
Chicken Peri Peri Kebab & Paneer Peri Peri Kebab
- It is the signature dish and my staple appetizer of this restaurant and I have it almost every time I visit this place.Don’t forget to try this one
- The chicken is really juicy & tender and the Peri Peri sauce blends really well with the masala of the kebab & is so flavourful that you can just clean the entire plate with your tongue
- For my vegetarian friends they have the Cottage Cheese (Paneer)version as well, I have had this one in the past and this is yummy too
- The quality of the Cottage Cheese used is very good, it’s really soft & fresh
- With the month of Shravan approaching, most of you who will avoid eating non-veg can try this one (in the month of Shravan many communities avoid eating Non-veg in India)
(Images of the Chicken Peri Peri Kebab)
Cheesy Hara Bhara Kebab
- This one is different from the regular Hara Bhara Kebabs we have had, it has a lovely cheesy twist.Even if you love eating Non-veg, you should try this one
- Blocks of cheese inside the kebab is so good that it just melts in your mouth & will make you want to eat more
- It’s flavourful & mild at the same time
- If you are the kind of person who doesn’t like too much of spicy food then this is your best appetizer
(Images of the Cheesy Hara Bhara Kebab)
Lucknowi style Nawabi Matka Biryani (Veg &Non Veg)
- Biryani is my all time favourite dish.It’s a dish complete in itself isn’t it ?
- I have had both the veg & non veg versions of this biryani here
- The aroma of the Biryani itself is enough to make your stomach growl for it
- You will find that the taste of this biryani is very different from the biryanis we generally get to eat
- It’s truly rich and Nawabi (Royal)
(Images of Lucknowi style Nawabi Matka Biryani – Non Veg)
- They also serve refreshing mocktails and for my sweet tooth friends some enticing desserts as well but because I wanted to avoid cold beverages & sweet food for some time I did not opt for it this time.You can surely give this a try as I have had both mocktails & desserts in the past at Masala Wok and I loved them.
(Here is a picture of the mocktail I had ordered when I visited Masala Wok with my family sometime back, I suppose this is a Strawberry Mocktail though I am not sure about it’s name)
Ambience & Service
- I like the ambience, this place has good lightings (neither too bright nor too dark; good for selfie clickers 😛 )
- Service wise they are quite diner friendly.
(Images of the restaurant)
For me a Review is incomplete without a summary and so I have made the Pros & Cons of this place
- Delectable menu
- Variety in the menu
- Affordable(Rs.750/- for 3 people approx.)
- Quantity is good for the price being paid
- Friendly staff, the owner personally looks into the requirements of each of the diners at the restaurant
- Masala Wok is present on Swiggy & Zomato so even in the monsoons you can enjoy their delicious food at the comfort of your home.
- They take party, special occasion orders, as well.(I have had their party menu food as well for one of my friend’s wedding, it was truly scrumptious)
- Can’t really say if this is a con but it takes time to prepare the dish(possibly that’s why the food tastes fresh).
- The place is a little small in my opinion but the way in which it is growing, I am sure they will have to expand it.
I hope you enjoyed reading the Review of Masala Wok right from a Foodie’s mouth.
Visit it with your family & friends and share your experience in the comment box below.
Happy Reading !!
You can now follow me on twitter @prabhu_aiswarya